We at Silver Creek advocate a natural approach to balancing a
pond's ecosystem. Our approach utilizes pond colourant to inhibit
plant growth, beneficial bacteria to uptake nutrients and aeration
systems to provide necessary oxygen. Combining these measures properly
greatly improves water quality. Surface aerators also ripple the
water surface, reflecting and refracting significant amounts of
sunlight - the energy source algae and weeds require.
- Pond problems, algae, weeds, odours, dying fish
- Pond designs and excavation, landscapes and waterfalls
- Balancing of pond ecosystems
- Removal of nuisance fish species
- Permit assistance with MNR, conservation authorities and MOE
Initial pond consults start at $100 - distance travelled and
time invested can increase this amount.
Sale of fish:
- Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout, and Brown Trout
- Bass, Minnows, Koi, Goldfish and Suckers in season
Sales of Equipment:
- Windmills, electric aerators, fountains and air blowers
- Pond dyes, beneficial bacteria
- Pond liners, nets, pumps
- Complete line of products for ornamental ponds, skimmers, biofilters/falls
We raise our fish from the egg stage onwards and the products
we endorse are farm tested. See them in operation before you buy.
Our farm boasts a dozen ponds.
We offer a competitively priced, cost-effective on-site pond consultation
with land owners to determine the pond's problems and ways to solve
An annual maintenance program will pay huge dividends towards
improving pond aesthetics.